We say it all the time: It’s not a print vs digital question anymore. It’s both. The key is finding the right combination of distribution channels for your niched out content.
And even though the spotlight these days is in the digital space, most everyone is still figuring out how to make more money from it. Print continues to be an influential and effective component of magazine advertising.
Do readers trust brands more in print magazine advertising?
Here’s one answer: A recent study has found that the combination of advertising in print magazines with other media has the power to help brands build consumer relationships and increase purchase intent. The study was commissioned by Magazine Networks. They surveyed 3,000 consumers online, splitting them across both magazine and non-magazine readers. Various types of retailers were included as well.
Integrated ad campaigns, which include print, have increased effectiveness.
Some stats from the report:
- Consumers are 3.2 times more likely to identify the brand and want to find out more about it.
- Advertising campaigns which include print magazines amongst their mix of media channels have a 22% increase in brand trust.
- Brands found in print magazines will have a 55% increase in favorability.
- Brands found in print magazines can have a 29% lift in purchase intent.
- Print magazines combined with online advertising may influence brand advocacy, with people 2.6 times more likely to recommend a brand to others.
Read more here from Media Week (also includes handy infographic): The Multiplier Effect: Why you should include print magazines in media mix
P.S. Here are two past posts to read further on the power of print in the digital age:
About this blogger: Diana Landau is the Content Wrangler for Niche Media. A former sales director and corporate marketing hack, she has now found nirvana in writing and wrangling quality content. Diana is a food, wine, art and SF Giants enthusiast…who sometimes gets carried away.
Niche Media has the best events, education, and training in media! Our super niched-out events & content give target-audience publishers in the B2C, hobbyist, B2B, city & regional, and association markets the tools they need to build revenue, audience, and more.